Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The 'Comparison' theory !

Hello friends, let me present before you my awesomely awful (:P) ‘comparison’ theory. According to this theory, you get to evaluate a thing to the best only when you compare things. Like you know that a coffee at Barista is good only when you drink the coffee at Mocha. Same thing happened to me lately. When in Infy, during my last days, I always thought I know enough of Unix to handle any application anywhere after a minimal study. But it was when I joined CG, I came to know that my so called talent is nowhere near to the actual talent that people usually have. So it started my quest for gaining some. I started researching, learning new things, trying new ways, concentrating harder, filling in minute details. Coz the so called ‘EXPEREIENCE’ in Infy becomes mere an ‘experience’ in CG coz everyone around here is an experienced. And that actually grew me wiser and indeed more knowledgeable (still in progress).



So, guys, to evaluate a thing or to understand something just try to compare it with the less fortunate. You will get to know that life is a lot more worthwhile that it seems to be. When I travel to office, I see people trying to save even 10 bucks for commuting and rather walk, maybe to better their home life. It makes me feel that I at least get to commute properly. I see people starving and begging for a proper meal, and it makes me feel I at least get to hog unstoppable at any given point of time. When you live a lavish life watching movies in Cinemax, eating at Mac D, sleeping in air conditioned rooms, riding in cars – just know the fact that there are many less fortunate people who have never heard of Cinemax and Mac D, who don’t know how it feels like to be in an air conditioned room. And then thank God, that He gives you an opportunity to mark the difference and then make it. An opportunity to learn, become wiser, grow intelligent.



Try the ‘comparison’ theory to get a real picture of everything you want in your life. Coz it is always the weighing pan and the opposite weights that tells you the weight of a thing. The weighing pan is you and the opposite weights are your comparators.

Only when you have been though heartbreaks, you know what is a loved heart. Only when you have seen failures you know what is success. Only when you have digested hate you know what love means.

No comments:

Post a Comment