Thursday, October 01, 2009

The twist of fate and the stroke of luck!

Can you imagine your fate beating you ruthlessly every single time you play a game against it? What if one probe or idea does not work; you come out with another. What if that too does not work; you probably get stressed up and after burning the grey cells of your brain you decide to come up with yet another one. And what if that too does not work; (enough is enough), atleast I would give up being a normal human being. Thomas Alva Edison after his stint in inventing the light bulb, once said, “I did not fail, I just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” And by that I mean to say that he was truly a revolutionary and a great figure to have attempted a single stupid thing for over 10,000 times (if really true).

For me, the entire week was like a run in marathon, extremely tensed, tiring, drooling and unpredictable. Having my cards gamble with fate for even the slightest and simplest of things to get worked out, I was more than bemused by the stroke of luck totally against my favor.

My HTC Touch Pro went on for a toss sitting idle on my office desk. Had it been struck with the tornado and got off would be quite an understandable reason. But all of a sudden when your touch screen stops working is quite shocking and more of a turn off. I got pissed off when it did not work even after restarting for a couple of times. So I decided to Google out the possible solutions for my problem. I found 2 solutions - removing the screen guard and hard reset of the device. So I decided to try these solutions. First I removed the screen guard but no success. So I decided to go for the ultimate hard reset of the device. Very painfully I took the necessary backup of the data from my cell and went in for hard reset. It restarted with a disappointing message saying 'tap the screen to setup your windows device', and I got screwed. The touch screen isn’t working and how come for God’s sake am I going to tap the screen. I was stuck in a deadlock situation, not even able to receive calls. Finally I gave it to a vendor and then another vendor and still have not received it in a functioning state. I mean, is it rocket science that it is so difficult to fix a non working touch screen of a god dam cell phone? I just don’t understand the mechanics.

Like that wasn’t enough that I had to get into another serious crap. My home loan agent called me early in the morning saying that my sanction letter would be getting expired and that I need to re-apply for it. What if I need to re-apply for a home loan? Are you insane? Apply for one and you would come to know what pain in the neck the entire procedure is, probably even serious, irritating and frustrating than labor pains. Filing in all the documents from your salary slips to bank account statements, to your qualification certificates and what not. This also meant, I would need to pay all the processing fees as well as the transaction fees all over again, without even getting a penny from the bank. Isn’t this awful? That is still an un-decided fate, no wonder I need to bend down yet again against the unruly and unfair outlaws of nature.

And as if, this was quite a less to hang up with, my code had to screw it up big time. I had put in an almost 40 hrs stretch for that piece of crap to work in the simplest of ways, but it didn’t. IT JUST DIDNT. And finally when I discovered an alternate workaround on Thursday to silence the tsunami of my code, what do I get to hear on Friday morning? That my project contract would not be renewed by my client from November this year due to change in their organizational policies. I mean, let me be cool here without getting into shitty business of outsourcing. But we are typical donkeys, just to follow the masters even if we are brainier than them. It is more like a wish well. You wish and you pay a few bucks and outsource a project to a land called India and when you are out of all your wish or excitement or in terms money just call off the project. What does this mean to me? No, I certainly won’t be signed off as they have guaranteed me, but now everything would be at stake. My unbeaten experience in this technology, my promotion, my Amsterdam, and above all my morale and confidence.

Such has been my week, tiring, hectic , saddening and a time when everything is going wrong. And I am being nothing more than useless about the situation waiting and hoping for the starts to shine back at me again at some stroke of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment