Monday, July 13, 2009

Breath of life ....

Venue: Training Room 4, Mumbai 4, My Office.

Purpose: To hear some stuff on 'Professional Effectiveness'

Duration: 16 Hrs



Friends, after this introduction, what do you think this is going to be? Won't it be boring? Isn't it something we usually try and succeed to avoid in our lives? Yes, at least I think the same. Why to take an effort, break the jinx and be a part of something just for filling our calendars and probably gain nothing (may be something which we will surely avoid using)? Right?



I thought let's give a chance for the only matter of fact that I believe, being in different places at different times will give me something to feed my blog. And that it is. I got more than something not only for my blog, but for my learning and life too.



Being a big fan of cinemas, the very first block of ice was broken for me when I learned that my trainer is a film director; a handsome man with a charming personality – his name is Pratish Nair from Crossroads Training Solutions. I was ready to give it a risk. Things went on pretty smoothly with sessions on various activities like team building, leadership, some profound information on keen subjects, debates, dance, singing and it was worth an experience.



I find a deep curiosity in people. If someone is smiling, I have always wondered how can he be smiling all the time. If someone is so beautiful, how can she be so awesomely beautiful. and my curiosity was pleasured by every passing hour as I came to know something about each individual there.



I found Pratish was more than awesome, for I learnt probably the simplest of all the qualities – to keep smiling no matter what, which I find as the most complex thing to imbibe in myself. He managed it superbly, blending his aura with people's experience there giving an overall output of zeal and breath of life.



People were and are always amazing. To name a few, Gaurav was sporty with whatever came in front (how can I not start with him :P), Debashish was the guy of the session, Navin and Rupendra were like chalte firte Google. They both were so amazing with statistics, one after another and a big bang. It was like a tight slap on everyone's mouth and all were dumbstruck. Purnima was the talking lady, I think she talked even more than Pratish :-). Amazing communicator with awesome hold on her language, so was Parul. The best thing of Parul, which I liked was she was so easy with emotions. So stern and firm while talking on serious issues and so jolly while dancing. Kalpesh was the question bank. He had a question even for 'why was this training being held'. Preeti was like the girl next door, she had so much to talk about but she was hardly allowed to talk by everyone. Girls, can talk so much. They don't even need a topic and they can go for hours and hours. That always make me feel that girls can always be good orators than guys, but haven't been exemplified yet in the history. Tarak and Parag were like the cool and composed guys. Pradeep was down to earth. Suleman was another quiet guy with firm feelings just like Deepak. Darshana the French tutor and Pragya – who also had so much to talk about. And not to miss Prachi – the 1983 girl. I found her most cutest, (no hard feelings Prachi). A truly cosmopolitan – Bengali by birth and married to a Hindu. Suresh who was termed Obama was selective and Micky was the girl with a bang. She usually kept quiet, but when she opened her mouth, it was for a rock solid reason. She conveyed exactly what she wanted to. Antonete is an Anglo – Indian which itself made her charming. Sujata was a family person strongly and accurately exemplifying today's Indian women. Hats off to you lady. Rohit, I found him serious but he was according to me the most knowledgeable guy along with Navin and Rupendra. And about me, I was quiet until I was presented with a 'Section 377' tag :P



I have scratched my brain more than usual to remember the names, and please forgive me if I have missed someone, which definitely I have. Deepali was the organizer of this plethora of experience bank and thanks a tonne for that Deepali. And the big show man was Pratish. Brilliant dressing sense. The second most flattering thing about him (besides his smile) was his Spanish accent in the middle of nowhere and it was damn impressive. He is so much to take from.

I am damn sure, we all will remember him and the session for a lifetime. He is writing and script for a bollywood film titled '3D' to be directed by him. A PNC production with Ranvir Shorey, Vinay Pathak and Rajat Kapoor. I am damn sure it is going to be a great success and we all wish you all the best Pratish.



Thanks for filling us with hope, positive air, removing the junk from our brains and most importantly for helping us breathe again giving us fresh life. Thanks a lot.

And friends, we would be meeting soon.



P.S.: No offence meant and no personal grudges. These are truly friendly views and comments and please do not take them to your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment