Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Laid back life ....

I have always been wondering why do people rush all the time? Why do they always need to be in hurry? Why do they always have to look tensed. And now, when I am in Mumbai, it is truly justified. Even if you are not in hurry, the pace around you makes you one amongst them.



I have always been a lazy kind of person and having said that I hate hurries. I would rather leave home early to catch a train than leaving in hurry at the last minute to run for it. But everything has changed after coming to Mumbai. Now, I am one of those kinds. You won’t work unless you are on fire. And same is my case to an extent. And I hate being like that. But it is probably the Mumbai spirit of ‘keep walking’ even if you don’t want to.



I was tired of the very feeling and had to break to survive. And then GOA happened to me. Yes, it ‘happened’ to me. Just four of us, and we had the time of our lives. It wasn’t the first time I was visiting Goa, but it was never such a boon for us. I think Goa is synonymous to ‘laid back life’. No one has to do anything with your business. Just go there, with a can in one hand and keep on chilling. The literal feeling of ‘get chilled’ was discovered in Goa.



Far away from home, no setbacks, no jhanjhat, no phone calls, no work, no tension, it was like complete peace of mind and hence the body. I just wonder if Goa could be so pacifying to our souls, how great would be chanting in Himalayas? And hence, I have made a plan of visiting Himalayas in next 2 years or so (I am not that long term planner, but I am mostly unsure about my plans, so such a huge time frame to be safe :-)) … I want to experience life over there. With no one to sit on your head and shout to have your dinner on time, or to pay the bills, or to give your vehicle for servicing, or your manager frequently bothering you to complete the work. Its total recall from all these things. Just you and the beautiful yet sometimes scary nature.



I want to live life the laid back way. With no bothering, no follow ups, no to do lists, nothing. Get up whenever I want, do whatever I want to do or for a reason, do nothing. God bless Goa for making me realize that life rests not in concrete but nature, that life is not taking but giving, that life is more than running from life itself, life is more to be happy than to be sad. Life is more in smiling than in frowning. Life is more to love than to hate. And life is more to enjoy than to crib otherwise.



I would conclude with a saying that I love the most, which also appears as a marquee at the bottom most part of my blog-page, which is truly a short snap of what life should really REALLY be:

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways – with a glass of wine in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming”.

No comments:

Post a Comment